Saturday, October 24, 2009

Too much to post in one go so....sketch book today other stuff tomorrow

I haven't posted in a while and I've got a ton of stuff to put up. I just spent 4 hours scanning, snapping digital shots and prepping files for uploading and I have run out of steam and I also have other things that I need to tend to. So Instead of killing myself and uploading all of it at once I'll do it over two or three days starting with my sketch book selections from the past month or so.

Sometimes I use my sketch book to develop my skills, sometimes to record, as fatefully as possible, the world around me and other times as I have been doing lately to quickly jot down ideas or impulses. At these times the sketch book becomes more of a visual note book then a visual tour-de-force. In these periods I shy away from letting people see it as the art in it is a series of crude notes and nowhere near a study or a thoughtful rendering. This has been the case for a while now and as this blog is more then just a showcase for my work but also a personal journal of sorts I've decided to post some of it so that I can look back on it down the road and see where my mind was at this time.





















































































No comments: